Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Reply To The One I Love

You are lying next to me
But you seem too far away
Am I wrong to have imaginary emotions?
Wondering if you will ever slip away?

You always apologize
For all the things you have done
But could it be fiction
When you tell me that you need me?

But isn’t it so amazing
How could you be somebody else?
And want something else,
When I am not around?

You hold me by the hand
And you have all that I am
You own every piece of my heart
You took the whole of my soul

When will you say you love me?
Perhaps I am still a dream away.
If it’s not yet time for you to love me
It is best to just go away.

I will continue to close my eyes
So I don’t have to see all the love
That I cannot possibly have
When you are with me.


*** this poem is the answer to the poem i wrote on august 29, 2005 entitled "To The One Who Loves Me". Please check the Archives.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed by reading you, that you always use 'caps' at the beginning of each line.To me it seems to spoil the flow of a lovely read. Have you thought about dropping some? Just a thought you, take or trash.