Friday, July 25, 2008

Incomparable

The soft kiss of the wind on my cheeks is nothing
Compared to the shivers that you bring to me
When you look into my eyes

The gentle sound of the morning breeze
Could not even compete when you speak
For it is like a sweet melody to my ears

Perfection is not the warmth of sunrise,
Or, the calmness of the sea.
Instead, it is your innocent smile that greets me.

Beautiful is never what the eyes can see
Or what the world dictates to me
It is you who loves me.

3 comments:

ericblair said...

read rainier maria rilke's "to the young poets" to enlighten you.your poems are good.for a pop song.don't watch too much tv too much.it lessens your imagination.try not to read other's works as well because it clouds your judgment.think out of the box.try writing creative non-fiction short stories.after doing that,ask for other's opinion (someone in the literary industry preferrably). and if they said it's already improving,try making a poem out of that short story of yours.then try reading works from latin-american writers after that.they will inspire you.=)
sorry if i'm a bit harsh.that's how it is in the literary world=)

ericblair said...

sorry about using the words 'too much' twice.i actually erased some words before that and forgot to delete them as well.=)

C H E R said...

hi ericblair,

thank you for reading my poems but just so you know, my poems are all based on my experience and nothing else. i write what i feel at the moment. i appreciate the comment very much, i will take note of all you said. God bless!